Wednesday 30 November 2011

35MM.

Introduction to 35mm.

We were each given a roll of BW 35mm film and sent out to take photos around Leeds centre, or anywhere of interest really. We had the option of borrowing colleges Pentax's or our own 35mm if we owned one. I have an Olympus OM10 so I chose to use this as I am familiar with the settings and how it works for me.

At first I wasn't really sure what I want to document. I began on Briggate, the main shopping street in Leeds where there is always a large crowd of people. I took a few shots of what was around me but wasn't really satisfied and could sense they weren't great results. So I headed round towards the Corn Exchange and decided to document the vintage store windows and things of interest around that area.

I developed the film the next day at Vernon Street darkroom and created a contact print. Later I scanned the images that I like and re-touched them slightly by adjusting the brightness and contrast.

I've selected my favourite...









No comments:

Post a Comment