Wednesday 30 November 2011

INSPIRING.

WAYS OF LOOKING PHOTOGRAPHY FESTIVAL - BRADFORD.

I have to admit, out of everybody's work that I looked at, there was only one persons exhibition that really moved and inspired me. That was Daniel Meadows. Usually when I look through a photographers collection, I find the odd image or even set that I can find fault with, or I just personally don't like. But I was completely fascinated with every single image displayed, the ideas and concepts of each project and how they had been taken.

Daniel Meadows is an English documentary photographer. In the 1973 he was granted a double decker bus from the Arts Council and travelled around England in it with a make-shift studio, removed seats to allow space for a darkroom, and the windows were used to display his work. He stopped in different places and approached all walks of life for their photograph by him. This project was labelled 'Living like this.' Following this he tracked down the people he'd photographed and took the same image years later.
He wanted to document life at that time and what better way than through the lens? It's the only true way of seeing life as it really is. He also did a series on Factory Records in Manchester around the time of the Hacienda, and then a documentation of suburban life in London.

Here's some of the images I saw at the exhibition:




No comments:

Post a Comment